Visit Waterfront Park in Downtown Ludington
Nestled between two marinas with a view of the carferry dock is Waterfront Park. Since its unveiling in 1999, the park has been a focal point in Ludington, and a favorite backdrop for that perfect photo.
Families love to spend time together at Waterfront Park. The expansive playground keeps kids entertained, while parents relax on a comfortable bench and watch the S.S. Badger carferry sail into port. Or enjoy a picnic at one of the tables in the park, with the breeze off Pere Marquette Lake cooling you on a hot day. Take a walk on the scenic pathways and learn a bit of history from the nine bronzed sculptures placed throughout the five-acre park. Night lighting, restrooms, and an amphitheater for summer concerts are just added features that bring people of all ages to Waterfront Park.
Condominiums on the east and south sides of the park bring a new type of living to the waterfront. These units vary in style, but all give you spectacular views of the park, harbor, and downtown region. Many shops and restaurants are within walking distance, which is why more people are choosing the "condo" way of life.
When you need life to slow down a bit, come on down to Waterfront Park and take a long, deep breath. Here you'll discover the true magnificence of beautiful, lakeside living.
More Ludington Area Parks & Beaches...
- Ludington's Rotary Park
- Waterfront Park in Downtown Ludington
- Dogs Love Central Bark in Ludington
- Buttersville Park High on a Bluff Overlooking Lake Michigan
- Sutton's Landing on the Pere Marquette River, Ludington
- Summit Park Between Ludington and Pentwater on Lake Michigan
- Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness of Ludington and Manistee
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes Parks
- Wilson Hill Park on Upper Hamlin Lake
- Scottville Riverside Park along the Pere Marquette River
- Stearns Park & Beach in Ludington- Picked by USA Today as one of the 51 Great American Beaches!
- The North Country Trail through the Manistee National Forest
- Visit Charles Mears State Park in Pentwater
- Silver Lake Sand Dune Beaches
- Memorial Tree Park in Ludington
- Copeyon Park on Pere Marquette Lake in Ludington
- Victory Township Park on Upper Hamlin Lake
- The Ludington School Forest--Fun For All Seasons!
- Manistee National Forest
- Visit Waterfront Park in Downtown Ludington
More Ludington Info...
- The S.S. Badger Carferry Daily Schedule for Crossing Lake Michigan
- The S.S. Badger Carferry is Designated as a National Historic Landmark
- Ludington Optimist Club Supports Community Youth
- Enjoy the Hamlin Lake Canoe Trail, a Beautiful Waterway!
- History of Ludington
- Ludington Michigan Travel Information
- Fishing on Hamlin Lake - What a Catch!
- Ludington Travel Itineraries
- Map of Lake Michigan Carferry Port in Ludington, Michigan
- Hamlin Township Transfer Site
- Hamlin Lake Weather Conditions
- Hamlin Lake Fishing Map
- Experience the Night Life in Ludington
- Community Services in the Ludington Area
- Explore Hamlin Lake with a Boat Rental
- Dogs Love Central Bark in Ludington
- Ludington Ice Fishing
- Hamlin Lake--A Lake for All Seasons
- Hamlin Lake Information
- History of the Lake Michigan Carferry, the S.S. Badger
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.