Cool Things to do in and Near Ludington
1. Walk out to the North Breakwater Light to watch Ludington's own carferry, the S.S. Badger, pass by.
2. Spend a sunny day at one of the many clean beaches.
3. Explore the magnificence of the Ludington Pumped Storage Plant.
5. Discover Mason County's heritage at Historic White Pine Village.
6. Bring the family downtown to watch a good old-fashioned July 4th parade.
7. Kick off your shoes and feel the sand between your toes.
8. Browse for antiques and collectibles in our unique stores.
9. Enjoy a delicious ice cream cone on a really hot day.
10. Board the S.S. Badger carferry for a memorable trip across the lake.
11. "Sleep under the stars" in one of the area's campsites.
12. Participate in the Mason County Library's summer reading program.
14. Experience the joy of fishing year 'round.
15. See how much fun you and your friends can have during a game of mini-golf.
16. Feel the "boom" of our spectacular Freedom Festival fireworks.
17. Watch the sun rise over Lincoln Lake from the Lakeshore Drive Beach.
18. Drive around our neighborhoods to see the winter light displays.
19. Take a drive down Ludington Avenue in the summertime to soak in the colorful beauty of the petunias.
20. Fire up the grill for a delicious outdoor barbecue.
21. Play a rousing game of volleyball with friends at the beach.
22. Explore the Ludington State Park with the snowshoes you just made in a workshop.
23. Take a bike hike around town, through the marina and along the lakeshore.
24. Experience the magnificence of a truly clear starry night, without interference from big city lights.
25. Discover the historical beauty of our area's lighthouses.
26. Rent a canoe, pontoon or kayak for a relaxing day on Hamlin Lake.
27. Take an exhilarating ride over the dunes at Silver Lake.
28. Golf among the pines at one of the many picturesque courses in the area.
29. Bring the kids to the Waterfront Park's wonderful playground, while you admire the surrounding sculptures.
30. Let the breathtaking colors of fall envelop you as you drive or walk the leaf-strewn streets.
31. Join your friends and neighbors for summer's very own Friday Night Live, which takes place during four Fridays in late July and early August.
32. Take the kids to Sandcastles Children's Museum conveniently located in downtown Ludington.
33. For a day you won't forget, head out on Lake Michigan aboard a charter boat.
34. Ludington now has its own wind farm, called Lake Winds Energy Park. View 56 wind turbines just south of town.
35. Catch a play or concert....or take a class at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
36. While at Stearns Park Beach, let the kids expend some energy at Ludington's Skate Plaza.
37. Shop for goodies and treasures during the summer at one of two Art Fairs in downtown Ludington's City Park.
38. You'll want to be in Ludington on New Year's Eve to experience our very own Lighted Ball Drop. Fireworks, music, and drinks included!
39. Summer is the best in Ludington, so don't miss these top events.
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.